For a once small Estonian sports betting operator, betPawa walked a long way and now caters to players from Malawi, Kenya, Nigeria and Uganda among others. Not only that but the company currently stands at over 1.5 million active players and plans to further expand across Africa. As far as the sportsbook’s offering in Malawi, the platform is not what we are used to to say the least. The bookie solely focuses on football and basketball which may disappoint many. If however you are looking for a more clean and simplistic betting experience, without the usual clutter and fuzz, you may find betPawa appealing. But before you make up your mind, we strongly recommend going through our detailed guide to the platform. We will not only show you the registration works and how to place bets but we will also give you a more detailed look at the sports competitions, markets and fixtures the bookie offers. So, without further ado, let’s dive straight into the platform.
Registering at betPawa Malawi
BetPawa takes the same approach to the sign-up process as most Malawian sportsbooks. You only have to provide your mobile and PIN as a password and confirm your registration. With that, you will then receive an activation text message with a code that you would have to enter on the platform. Once you verify your account, you will be ready to enter with the picked credentials and head straight for the cashier page to top up your account.
Welcome Sports Bonus of betPawa Malawi
If your first-time bet with betPawa is not a winning one, the sportsbook will give you back 100% of your stake, up to MWK 500, so you can try again. Triggering the promotion is straightforward and simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign up for betPawa and top up your account.
- Make any Sports or Virtuals wager that is to be settled within 28 days.
- If you lose, betPawa will automatically refund your stake, up to MWK 500, within an hour of the outcome.
- Within 14 days of receiving your refund, use it to make any Sports or Virtuals bets.
Keep in mind the following essential T&Cs:
- To qualify for the promotion, you must make a money deposit before placing a qualifying bet.
- There are no minimum stake, leg, or odds requirements for the qualifying bet.
- You are not required to opt-in to the promotion; your first Sports or Virtuals bet placed after depositing money will be the qualifying bet.
- Only the first bet after the money deposit qualifies for the promotion; if the qualifying bet has been placed, it cannot be recalled or altered in any way.
Betting Options of betPawa Malawi
Despite the extremely limited number of sports, betPawa offers the most essential ones – football and basketball, along with a healthy number of betting markets and fixtures. In this article, we will be taking a closer look at the various football and basketball wagering options that betPawa offers in Malawi. From the English Premier League, Champions League, and Zambia’s Super League to NBA, Euroleague and 1Liga, there is more than enough for football and basketball punters. And in regard to the markets you can bet one, here are the most popular ones.
- 1X2 Betting: As the most simple and common bet type, it lets you pick the outcome of a game – whether there will be a home or away win, or if there will be a draw.
- Over/Under Betting: This wager type involves predicting how many goals will be scored in a given fixture. Users can choose to bet on whether they think the number of goals will be over or under a given number.
- Double Chance Wagers: Here, users can enjoy better winning chances as betting comes down to only two potential outcomes. For instance, you can wager on home team to be a winner or the on a draw.
- Correct Score Betting: This is a more challenging type of betting where users must predict the exact scoreline of a match. While it may be difficult to get right, correct score betting can lead to big payouts.
Aside from football, betPawa also offers a good number of betting options for basketball fans. While basketball may not be as hot as soccer in Malawi, it still has a dedicated following. In case you are part of it, here is what you can wager on:
- Moneyline Betting: Similar to 1X2 which we took a look at, in basketball it represents wagering on which team you expect to win the match outright.
- Point Spread: It allows punters to bet on а win by a given number of points or whether or the other way around.
- Total Points: It lets you wager on the number of points you expect to be scored in a match. You also get the more approachable option of betting on whether the points will be over/under a certain number.
- Prop Betting: This wager comes down to very specific events like who will score the first basket, who will get the first foul, etc.
How to Wager on the Platform
Sports betting involves wagering on the outcome of a particular event. BetPawa Malawi provides access to thousands of matches each week, organized by sport, competition, and date for easy betting. You have the option to bet on various aspects of the game, as we outlined above, such as the result, goalscorers, scoreline, and more. When you click on a game, the top market you will see is 1X2, which is a simple bet on the match result. In this market, 1 signifies a home win, X means a draw, and 2 denotes an away win. Some sports refer to this market as Moneyline or 12, since a draw is not a possible outcome.
We should stress that in cup matches, the result displayed on the 1X2 market applies to the regular time only. If the game ends in a draw and one of the teams wins in extra time, the bet is settled as X, not 1. To better understand how odds and winning works, use the decimal system, which shows how your win amount for every unit staked. For instance, a Liverpool win priced at 3.00 would mean that a 10-unit bet would pay out a total of 30 units, including your original stake. Therefore, the profit would be 20 units (30-10).
betPawa’s Android Betting App
If you are looking to take betPawa on the move, its mobile app of the bookie is exactly what you need. It boasts all key features designed to make your on-the-move betting smooth and enjoyable. From a user-friendly interface to the same betting markets and fixtures found in the desktop sportsbook. Having said that, you don’t really have to download the app as you can still bet via your mobile browser. But if you want a better mobile gaming experience, here is how to get the app. First, you would need betPawa’s apk file found for free on their website. Get it from the Mobile App page and next, enable Unknown sources of your device so that you can install it. When you proceed with launching the file, you will be just a few moments away from having betPawa’s app on your Android device.
How Topping Up and Withdrawing Works
First and foremost, betPawa supports MobileMoney and you can use either TNM or Airtel to make payments. The sportsbook won’t apply extra charges but the network operators apply such on deposits. And in terms of how topping up your account works, here is how to do it with each payment option.
- TNM Deposits
Sign in to your betPawa account and go to the cashier page. Indicate how much you wish to cash out and then confirm. After that, you will be sent a confirmation request on your phone which you should approve to complete the transaction. Upon approval, your account balance will be updated instantly.
- Airtel Deposits
To initiate a deposit, go to the betPawa cashier page, enter the specific amount you wish to deposit and click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Once you fill in the fields, you will receive a confirmation request that you would have to approve from your phone. Please approve it and you will get your balance credited almost instantly.
Withdrawing on the other hand works like this.
Start by visiting the withdrawal page and then, enter your name in the designated fields and include your NIN or other relevant identification numbers as required. Additionally, indicate how much you would like to withdraw and click the “Request withdrawal” button to proceed with your request. It is important to know that betPawa typically processes withdrawals within 15 minutes of the request being made. Therefore, please ensure that you are logged into your betPawa account before clicking the link to initiate your withdrawal.